Voici le webzine de Madame Zeidan et des élèves de 4ème.
1- Did you know that if you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on the right side, and if you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on the left side?
2- Did you know that chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying?
3- Did you know that the Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal?
4- Did you know that the pupil of your eye expands, as much as 45 % when you see something you like?
5- Did you know that the roar that you hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but the sound of blood circulating in the veins in the ear?
6- Did you know that Dalmatians are born without spots?
7- Did you know that men’s shirt have the buttons on the right side and the women’s shirts on the left?
8- Did you know that the owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink; all other birds raise their lower eyelids?
9- Did you know that the reason honey is so easy to digest, is that it’s already been digested by bees?
10- Did you know that the color blue has a calming effect; it causes the brain to release calming hormones?
11- Did you know that every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die?
12- Did you know that when you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red?
13- Did you know that Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros?
14- Did you know that there are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower?
15- Did you know that human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death?
16- Did you know that the plastic thing on the end of the shoelaces is actually called an aglet?
17- Did you know that every single day 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die?
18- Did you know that the rabbit and the parrot are 2 animals that can see behind them without turning their heads?
19- Did you know that the average person laughs 13 times a day?
20- Did you know that women blink nearly twice as much as men?
21- Did you know that a cockroach is actually cleaner than your hands after washing them?
22- Did you know that an ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain?
23- Did you know that bats always turn left when exiting a cave?
24- Did you know that bubble gum contains rubber?
25- Did you know that cat's urine glows under a black light?
26- Did you know that even if you cut off a cockroach's head, it can live for several weeks?
27- Did you know in Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals?
28- Did you know in space, astronauts cannot cry, because there is no gravity, so the tears can't flow?
29- Did you know that no word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple?
30- Did you know that the penguin is the only bird that can swim, but not fly?
31- Did you know that Iceland is mostly green and Greenland is mostly ice?
Yasmine A. Ayyash
Who said Yoga isn’t interesting?!?!
Feeling tired or stressed??Try doing Yoga every day because it helps u physically psychologically and intellectually.
Yoga gets rid the daily stress, exhaust and pain. It’s the only simple solution for overweight. It makes your blood and body pressure goes down and helps u to get “mind peace”. Yoga also helps your body and your muscles to become more flexible and stronger.
Who said chewing-gum isn’t healthy?!?!
Gums are useful sometimes because it keeps your normal weight and helps you to loose weight. It’s the best snack we can have:
- It contains 5 to 10 calories
- When you are in a traffic jam, queue or waiting for someone, it helps you to feel that time is running fast and also gets rid of stress.
- Chewing Gum helps you concentrate. Many soldiers and athletes use it sometimes. It’s advised for students to chew it during tests!
feeling of nausea and dizziness.
- Smokers are also advised to chew because it distracts them from smoking.
- It’s a good snack because it gives us energy!
- It’s also advised for business men and people who travel a lot because it decreases the pressure on the ears, the feeling of nausea and dizziness.
- Smokers are also advised to chew because it distracts them from smoking.
Top 10 Visited Countries:
International tourist arrivals
Top 10 Worst countries to visit
1. Iraq : You are surprised that Iraq is in the number 1 spot? Venture into the Sunni Triangle and it is like taking your life with your own hands. If you really want to visit Iraq you should go to the north of the country, where Kurds are a little less dicey for the adventurous traveler.
2. Afghanistan: This country is one of the top most dangerous countries, following the promise of good times to come. A few years ago two Japanese teachers were killed after venturing into the wild southern regions. Many parts of Afghanistan are falling back under the sway of extremists and it is very likely that you will experience its own fair share of terror attacks.
3. Somalia Remember the movie by Ridley Scott, Black Hawk Down? It is a movie that bought the ugly conflict in Somalia for mainstream viewing. It is also good to mention that they have no central government and that has been happening since 1991. Somalia is a nice country but if you are planning to travel there, you should hire armed guards. And they cost around hundred dollars or a couple of hundred dollars per day. If you don’t have guards, it could result in death.
4. Thailand : When we hear the name Thailand we usually portray a nice exotic country with wonderful beaches, exotic drinks and a good, cheap nightlife. But that is not the case. But don’t take me wrong, it is not dangerous because of mobs and a high criminal rate (yes, you can find some). It is on the list only because of the Tsunami that hit a few years ago. Hundreds of people died and that made future tourists think twice before they plan to visit this exoticplace .
5. Sudan : The ongoing tension with the government and rebels is what makes this country one of the most dangerous. Not to mention the government backed genocide. Murder and rapes are the two most common things that one can face in Sudan especially if you are in the area of Darfur. If you want to travel to the north make sure you get traveling permits, but for the south no.
6. Indonesia: This country is not dangerous per se, but there are so many elements of danger that it made the top 10 list. A few years ago there was the Bali bombing and also the Tsunami hitting. If you are a journalist you have to be very careful, as usually those are the targeted people.
7. Chechnya: It does not get many tourists but sometimes journalists are forced to go there and it is a one country that journalists fear the most. A few years ago they captured a school and held hostages just to show how far they can go.
8. The Palestinian Territories : Despite efforts to make their country better, this country has been doing nothing but going from bad to worse and therefore it makes it a bad place to travel to. A few years ago two people who were there to educate children were captured and later released.
9. Uganda : For a lot of years the Lord Resistance Army have made the region a no-go for travelers. The LRA are known for being the most evil, cold-blooded murders on the planet. And it is good to mention that they force children to murder their own family members as part of their principals.
10. Niger : Niger is the world’s second most poor country. It is a famine stricken country and there are hundreds of people dying everyday due to malnutrition. The horror is not of being murdered or raped, but it is seeing all these children being starved to death, unless food aid arrives soon.
Blue-eyed Brian blew bright blue balloons.
Please praise Percy’s pretty plastic plants.
The three thirsty thrushes thanked the thief.
Witches won’t wear white in winter weather.
Ninety-nine nice mice met nine mean men.
Larry rolled eleven Lorries around the lounge.
by Nina &Rim
Yo mama jokes:
Yo mama so fat people jog around her for exercise.
Yo mama so fat she goes to a restaurant looks at the menu and says "okay!"
Yo mama so fat when she wears a yellow raincoat, people said "Taxi!"
Yo mama so fat she got to iron her pants on the driveway.
Yo mama so short, she doesback flips under the bed.
Yo mama so poor, she can't even afford to go to the free clinic.
Yo mama so old she knew Burger King while he was stills a prince.
A guy was driving in a car with a blonde. He told her to stick her head out the window and see if the blinker worked.
She stuck her head out and said, 'Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes...'
Q. How do you make a blonde's eyes twinkle?
A. Shine a flashlight in her ear.
Q. How do blonde brain cells die?
Q. Why'd the blonde get fired from the M&M’s factory?
A. She kept throwing out all the W's.
Q: How do you keep a blonde busy for hours?
A: Write "Please turn over" on both sides of a piece of paper.
A blonde went to buy a Pizza and after ordering, the assistant asked the blonde if she would like her pizza cut into six pieces or twelve.
"Six please" she said, "I could never eat twelve!"
Three blondes are in an elevator when the elevator suddenly stops and the lights go out. They try using their cell phones to get help, but have no luck. Even the phones are out.
After a few hours of being stuck with no help in sight, one blonde says to the others "I think the best way to call for help is by yelling together."
The others agree with the first, so they all inhale deeply and begin to yell loudly "Together, together, together..."
There was a brunette standing along side a busy road chanting "88, 88, 88, 88..."
A blonde came up to her and said, "That looks like fun, can I try?"
The brunette said, "Sure."
So the blonde chanted, "88, 88, 88, 88...”
"Well," said the brunette, "that is fun. But what is even more fun is if you say it in the middle of the street."
So the blonde said, "OK." and stood in the middle of the street. "88, 88, 88, 88…" BAM! She was run over by a car, completely flattened.
Along the side of the road, the brunette began to chant, "89, 89, 89, 89..."
Never break 4 things in our life:
Trust, Relation, Promise and Heart because when they break they don't make noise but pain a lot- Charles Dickens
If you win, you don't have to explain
If you lose, you shouldn't be here to explain - Adolph Hitler
Believing everybody is dangerous
But believing nobody is more dangerous - Abraham Lincoln
Love the life you live, Live the life you love - Bob Marley
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets. - Marilyn Monroe
Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself - Leo Tolstoy
If someone feels that they have never made a mistake in their life,Then it means they had never tried a new thing in their life - Albert Einstein
If we can't love the person whom we see,
How can we love God, whom we can't see? - Mother Theresa
I will not say I failed 1000 times, I will say that I discovered 1000 ways that can cause failure- Thomas Alva Edison
By Lea Chawki
The BlackBerryPlayBook has been released on the 19th of April 2011
There are four network options:
· BlackBerryPlayBook with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
· BlackBerry 4G PlayBook with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n + WiMax
· BlackBerry 4G PlayBook with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n + LTE
· BlackBerry 4G PlayBook with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n + HSPA
· 7″ LCD touch screen 1024×600 WSVGA capacitive display
· Size: and 5.1″ x 7.6″ x 0.4″/130mm x 194 mm x 10mm
· Weight: 0.9 lbs/425g
· 1 GHz dual-core processor
· Symmetric multiprocessing
· 1GB RAM
· BlackBerry Tablet OS
· Full Adobe Flash 10.1 enabled and built-in support for HTML 5
· Support for MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback and high resolution
video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)
· 1080p HDMI output
· Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP
front and 5MP rear)
· GPS/accelerometer/gyroscope/digital compass
· Stereo speakers and microphones
· 802.11 a/b/g/n
· Micro USB and Micro HDMI ports
· Bluetooth 2.1+EDR support
Some mysteries do still remain. First, and most importantly is battery life. I can only imagine that RIM has overlooked listing the battery runtime because it’s not very good. Next is application support. What’s the current state of the application ecosystem for the tablet?
By Ibrahim Chiha&Simon Semaan
Writer of the month
Jane Austen was born on 16 December 1775 and died on 18 July 1817.She was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature, her realism and biting social commentary cementing her historical importance among scholars and critics.
Jane lived her entire life as part of a close-knit family located on the lower fringes of the English landed gentry. She was educated primarily by her father and older brothers as well as through her own reading. The steadfast support of her family was critical to her development as a professional writer. Her artistic apprenticeship lasted from her teenage years until she was about 35 years old. During this period, she experimented with various literary forms, including the epistolary novel which she tried then abandoned, and wrote and extensively revised three major novels and began a fourth. From 1811 until 1816, with the release of Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814) and Emma (1816), she achieved success as a published writer. She wrote two additional novels, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion, both published posthumously in 1818, and began a third, which was eventually titled Sanditon, but died before completing it.
By Layla el Ashri&Sandy Tarsha
It’s an interview with Mrs. Mirna El-Harran our CPE (Supervisor for Secondary Education), in the French school of el Khobar.HajarAmhar asked her about the nature of her job and its advantages. The interview went as it follows.
• What are the advantages of your job?
Look, communication is the most important advantage in my work. This communication issue can be either with parents, or with the students themselves, or even with the colleagues.
• Did you have any special background or any degree related to this job?
Not at all. Before, I was working in a big company as an executive administrator.
• How do you advise us as students?
Listening, either to your parents or to your teachers, is something you should do; because you know they can advise you enormously during this period in your life. Furthermore, you have to build your linguistic abilities by reading and interacting with others.
• Why did you choose this profession?
In fact, I didn’t choose it; it chose me. (Laughing). As you know my dear we live in KSA where you can’t have the same job opportunities as in other countries. Also I preferred to be in the same school with my children.
• Have you ever had some difficulties to reach your goals?
No, actually for me there’s no difficulty even if there is too much work I can handle it. That’s because I love my work so much.
• Last but not least Mrs. Harran how do you see your experience in the field of education?
Believe me it’s amazing .I really enjoy it, especially when I communicate with teenagers I get involved in their problems and I try to solve issues smoothly …
Thank you Mrs. Harran for your time and for you hard work in this school.
Les élèves du collège vous présentent leurs travaux réalisés en arts plastiques sous la direction de Sandra Astour.